Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Theme Hospital (Slow / Laggy Mouse)
SaMOS Nov 24, 2014
I am a fairly new user of Ubuntu and I seem to be settling in pretty well to the feel of it.

When I owned Windows, I had a VERY old game called Theme Hospital. The first time I played it (In 2010) I owned Windows Vista. It worked pretty well, and ran smoothly with only minor graphical glitches. After a couple years I still ran on Vista and wanted to give it a shot again. Even though it said "Windows Vista Compatible" on the Box, the installation had itself thinking I was running on Windows 98 (an OS that is clearly didn't support.)

After Windows decided to not work anymore I budged over to Ubuntu because I always wanted to give it a shot.

I installed Wine and ran the installation AND the main game in the environment
There's one major issue. When I play the game, the mouse speed on the menus are fine but as soon as I get into the game there is UNPLAYABLE mouse lag and I could hardly move the cursor to the correct area without picking it up and moving it again at least 10 times.

I want to play this game again (since I'm a big player of old games since my PC isn't the best for "HIGH GRAPHICS" games) but I simply can't. The mouse lag is unbearable...

Any advice involving this issue would be helpful. That's also including help, tips and tricks that could help out a Linux Newbie like me.
SaMOS Nov 25, 2014
Quoting: HamishThis may perhaps interest you then:
https://github.com/CorsixTH
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theme_Hospital#CorsixTH

Seems interesting, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.