With a low-fantasy setting, Urtuk: The Desolation has now jumped from itch.io to Steam to give Early Access turn-based tactics to a wider audience.
You take on the role of Urtuk, an escapee from a facility that conducts experiments on people and during your stay you suffered some kind of "severe" mutation from being exposed to Life Essence extracted from long extinct ancient Giants. Every day your health gets worse and you wander the world for a cure. Definitely a setting that grabs your attention.
- Survival RPG with focus on combat and open-world exploration in a dark fantasy setting
- Turn-based, tactically rich combat on large maps, with multiple environmental factors and a carefully crafted class/skill system
- Procedurally generated survival campaign
- Extract character upgrades directly from your fallen enemies
- All graphical assets are hand drawn, from characters, monsters and objects, to the world map and battlefields
Some truly wonderfully dark artwork has gone into this, makes the world look great. We'll be taking a look at this when it's a bit further along, as it really does look great. Initial user reviews seem to give it quite a positive take too so we're hopeful it does well.