The Wine hackers never stop pushing compatibility forwards, with the first development release of 2020 now available with Wine 5.1.
What will eventually turn into another stable release with Wine 6.0 next year, we have plenty of advancements to Wine waiting.
As for what came with Wine 5.1, here's the highlights:
- Support for using LLVM-MinGW as PE cross-compiler.
- Better reporting of error location in JScript and VBScript.
- Support for relocatable installation of the Winelib tools.
- Ellipse drawing in Direct2D.
- OLE monikers improvements.
Like all releases, a bunch of bugs were fixed as well and they noted 32 this time. Some got fixed in older releases (being noted now after retesting) and some fixed with Wine 5.1 which include Warframe, Overwatch, Darksiders, Sniper Elite V2, Star Wars: Starfighter, Dragon Age Inquisition, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel and more which should all give you a better experience.
You can see the full announcement here.