This was quite unexpected, Zachtronics who are known for their challenging and high quality puzzle games have announced a Visual Novel called Eliza and it sounds unusual.
Eliza is a visual novel about an AI counseling program, the people who develop it, and the people who use it. Follow Evelyn Ishino-Aubrey as she reconnects with people from her past, gets to know the people of Seattle who use Eliza for counseling, and decides the course of her future.
A pretty big departure from what they're known for, with previous titles including EXAPUNKS, Opus Magnum (incredible game), SHENZHEN I/O, Infinifactory and more.
- A thought-provoking story told in the form of a visual novel from an award-winning indie team.
- Follow Evelyn’s journey through a present-day Seattle brought to life with beautiful hand-painted art.
- Get to know Eliza’s clients and the employees of Skandha, the technology giant behind it, with over a dozen fully-voiced characters and powerful performances from a highly regarded cast.
- An evocative, ambient original score by the composer for Infinifactory, SHENZHEN I/O, Opus Magnum, and EXAPUNKS.
- Is AI-driven counseling better than nothing? Is it worse than nothing? What responsibilities come with technical skills? Consider your own answers to these questions and more.
Not sold on yet? Well, Eliza also includes Kabufuda Solitaire for when you want to take a break from the counselling sessions. They say it's a new take on solitaire using Japanese kabufuda cards…they just couldn't resist some sort of strategic/puzzle element to it I see.
Hat tip to Caique in our Telegram Group.