You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Gray dots in Metro 2033 Redux..
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Jan 11, 2016
Quoting: Skully
Quoting: TheBoss
Quoting: SkullyBeen a while. But yes I got that too if I turned the "quality " option too high. When it first came out loads of people were talking about it on steams forums. I have seen it on 2 of my friends linux boxes aswell. The only thing we all had in common was Nvidia Gpu's. So it's not a problem with your computer.

P.s. I couldn't tell the game looked any worse by lowering that option. I took bunch of screenshots both ways. And apart from the dots, the higher settings didn't look at all better.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2015/08/ubuntu-nvidia-graphics-drivers-ppa-is-ready-for-action

Not sure why you quoted me in your response there. At the time I had the very latest drivers as always. And I never use Ubuntu or Mint. Which is probably why I always have the latest drivers without needing stupid PPA's.

I was meant to quote the other guy.
Skully Jan 12, 2016
@TheBoss All good :)

@Comandante Ñoñardo I also can confirm that the windows version doesn't have this problem, I probably should of mentioned that aswell.

All in all it's still a fantastic game on linux. Not a perfect port but still one of the better ones.
I don't know why, but after update the driver, I can't load my Bioshock 1 under wine (some big error)... How to roll back to the 346.96?? I can't see that driver in the options...
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.