QuoteWidelands is an open source (GPLed) real-time strategy game. It is built upon the SDL and other open source libraries and is (and will always be) under heavy development. If you knew Settlers I & II, then you already have a rough idea what Widelands is all about because widelands is heavily inspired by those two games.
Widelands last release was quite a while ago (16th April) and since then a couple of news posts have been made detailing the changes.
Highlights to come from Build 16 of Widelands:
- Barbarians works animations are finished
- The existing campaigns were modified to use lua as engine, this leads to a much more smoother and more intelligent campaign behaviour
- It is now possible to set a condition for when a game is won.
- A team play feature - teamed players can't attack each other and share the vision
- Basic opengl support was merged and improved at some places - if you feel like Widelands is too slow, you can now try the new opengl renderer
- The forester got some more intelligence - finally he understands, that it is not a good idea, to rip out other small trees and as well cares about affinities of the trees (so will place a tree that best fits the place)
There is a lot more...
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month:
No comments yet!
See more from me