Phr00t the guy that brought us the procedurally generated Sci-fi shooter 3079 and is currently working on Gentrieve 2 a Metroid style game in a similar procedurally generated vein, has posted a Kickstarter to generate funds for 3079 sequel seeking only $1000. This time round the blocky minecraft esk graphics have been ditched in favour of a smoother looking randomly generated environment.
QuoteThe year is 3089.
After the demons were cleared in 3079, a new, much more dangerous threat was able to organize...
3089 is the next big "open-world" game.
3089 will be a futuristic, randomly generated 3D action role-playing game. It is the sequel of my previous game, 3079. It will feel like a first-person shooter, have the depth of a modern role-playing game & be set in a randomly generated world.
All quests, terrain, biomes, weapons, items, enemies & textures will be randomly generated providing a truly unique gaming experience.
3089 will take inspiration from games like Borderlands, Fallout 3 & Just Cause 2.
What makes 3089 special?
- Terrain will be smoothly generated. This isn't another "blocky" game.
- More procedural generation: endless biome types and textures.
- Unique quests made from individually generated task lists.
- Randomly generated vehicles, from small hovercrafts to large ships.
- Weapon construction & customization based on individual parts.
- Limitless height & depths in addition to limitless terrain lengths.
- Exceptional draw distance with low computer requirements.
- Dynamic lighting & smooth day / night transitions.
- Complete storyline; exploring procedurally generating this too!
- Integrated physics engine.
- Compatible with Windows, MacOSX & Linux.