That's it folks, the closed beta is all over for Steam as anyone on Linux can install and play with it now which is awesome news.
The actual Steam website now has all the Linux bits on it now as well and it's quite prominent with a big Linux button on the main navigation bar! Valve have also updated "Steam Play" to have the Linux logo if the game is on Linux.
The "About" page if you visit it on Linux also gives you all the info you need now as well including this little man:
Along with that FTL game has released a beta opt-in with a password of "betapatch" if you wish to test their game on the Linux Steam client which includes other major fixes!
The Linux gaming Reddit has a user doing a list of what games install and work as well so that's a good post to keep an eye on.
Here's the change list for this release:
- The Steam for Linux client closed beta transitioned to an open beta.
- Linux - Fixed excessive CPU usage by the Steam client when running Team Fortress 2
- Linux - Fixed overlay crash when starting Cubemen
- Big Picture - Improved back navigation behavior throughout user interface
- Big Picture - Added discount timers and other user interface to store