I got in touch with CellarDoorGames creators of the indie hit Rogue Legacy the rogue-"lite" to bring you an update on it's progress onto Linux, it's coming!
What is Rogue Legacy?
- A rogue-"lite" game for PC, Mac and Linux.
- You will die, but your children will avenge you. They might be genetically deficient, but that's ok. You still love your colour-blind baby. Or do you?
- A procedurally generated castle. Every playthrough is different.
- Over 8 classes to choose from. Each class has unique abilities which change the way you play the game.
- Every time you play you get a little stronger. Never back to square 1.
- Find tons of loot and deck your dood OUT.
- Massive Skill tree? What? Yup.
- New game+? Zup? Yup.
- Equip runes and customize your character however you want. Wanna fly? GO FOR IT!
- Got a controller? Play with a controller. Big Picture ready!
- Fart Jokes. Or not... Depends on how much you hate children with I.B.S.
@gamingonlinux The guy who is doing the ports said preliminary porting has been easy. If nothing bad happens, hopefully done in 1-2 months.— CellarDoorGames (@CellarDoorGames) August 3, 2013
Quite excited for this one, my twitter feed has been full of nothing but high praise for the game. So this is welcome news.