Undead Horde is what the developer 10tons Ltd are calling a "necromantic action game" and I have to admit it looks rather fun to raise an undead army.
Firstly, when I spoke to the developer yesterday they said "Hopefully we can do a simultaneous release on all Steam platforms!" when asked about Linux support. Considering they've been getting their previous games on Linux, I don't doubt that.
After their last three games being shooters, I'm pretty happy to see them do something different. Have a look at their fresh trailer:
A little more about it:
Become a necromancer and raise the dead - Undead Horde is a necromantic action game with elements from RPG, strategy and hack'n'slash. You'll battle against the evil humans who've driven the necromancers and their undead minions into exile. You'll re-animate all kinds of creatures and build an army of up to 100 undead. You'll army follows you or attacks by itself depending on your commands.
It will feature:
- Explore and conquer a fantasy world filled with creatures from humans to giant scorpions
- Re-animate your slain enemies and make them part of your undead army
- Endless number of new weapons, trinkets and magical items
- Level up and create the necromancer of your nightmares
- Sell and trade your loot with various merchants
- Manage shops with upgrades
It's currently scheduled for a release towards the end of this year, so we will take a good look at it at release.
You can follow it and wishlist on Steam.