Abbey Games (Reus and Renowned Explorers) have now officially put up the Kickstarter for their new god-game Godhood and it does sound very interesting.
Their previous games both support Linux and so it's really pleasing to see them firmly commit to a Linux version, especially as it looks like my type of game. While it has the usual elements you would expect, with certain things outside of your control as you try to direct people with God Commandments it will also mix in some turn-based RPG combat. The combat, again, is not something you will directly control either, so I'm pretty curious about that too.
- Craft your religion as a tribal god.
- Choose virtues, vices, rituals and religious dogmas.
- Inspire a group of heroic disciples to spread your will, without direct control.
- Watch your holy temple site grow over generations from an isometric perspective.
- Defeat enemy disciples in ritual conflict to convert worshippers and power up.
- Early Access release planned for May 2019 on PC (Linux / Mac / Windows), priced at €25.
- Full release later in 2019, priced at €30, with post-release content and DLC support planned for years.
It seems if you pledge to the Kickstarter at the minimum level for a copy, you will save about €5 compared with the cost of it in Early Access and €10 for when it hits a full release.