After a successful Kickstarter back in 2016, LUNA The Shadow Dust development has been coming along nicely. However, a Linux version back then was only a "very high" possibility but it's now confirmed.
The game recently popped up on Steam, with a SteamOS icon in the search and Linux system requirements. That alone, should be enough to confirm it, however I didn't want to repeat the situation with Hell is Other Demons, where the Linux information was removed from Steam only a day after it being announced. I spoke to the developer of LUNA The Shadow Dust, who said this about Linux support now:
The Linux version for the game will follow after the release of the major platforms ( pc and iOS). But we will definitely have the Linux version.
So it is coming! If you're interested, take a look at their trailer below:
More about it:
- Traditional frame by frame character animation - Who can resist not using this time consuming, expensive and bonkers animation technique in a game?! People might say we are crazy. We agree.
- Single player mode with Dual character control - How many things can go wrong when you need to control 2 characters at the same time? Yes, a LOT. But double the difficulty means double the fun... and... double the difficulty.
- Think outside of the box of the box - In order to solve the puzzles, not only your logic will be challenged but also your reaction speed, music sensibility and, most importantly, your imagination.
- LESS reading, MORE cinematics - We replaced the dialogue system with a series of stylized cinematic animations. No matter where you're from, human or Martian, you will have fun playing this game!
- Interactive Original Music - We are so serious about the music that our musician has sold her soul to the game music devil.
It looks good, the idea of it sounds great and so I look forward to checking it out properly when the Linux support is ready.
You can wishlist and follow it on Steam.