This is really exciting news, as a huge fan of such RTS games, Daedalic Entertainment's "A Year Of Rain" looks really good and it turns out they're going to support Linux.
Interestingly, back when it was first announced in March I did email Daedalic to ask about Linux support. They told me then, that they didn't really have any answer on it. However, it seems things have changed and they've decided Linux will be supported. On Steam, the developer said it's planned and it seems it may even happen during the Early Access period.
The team RTS A Year Of Rain combines classic real-time strategy elements with a strong focus on hero units. Both the co-op campaigns and online and offline modes are being designed with a team of two in mind. The classic 2v2 skirmish mode is being developed for competitive matches from the very start. Meanwhile, “Against all Odds“ is an innovation in the genre where two lone heroes face two entire armies, who have full command over units and structures.
There's no official trailer yet, but the screenshots they've shown off look promising in terms of the style:
- The ultimate Team RTS. Play together across all game modes.
- Ambitious campaign, designed for co-op experience
- A 2v2 skirmish that is truly designed for team-play
- Unique asymmetric 2v2 multiplayer mode “Against All Odds”: Two heroes face two entire armies!
- Unique factions
- Compelling multi-layered story
- Elaborate, stylized art
- Powerful iconic heroes to lead your army
- Soundtrack by award-winning composer Neal Acree
You can follow/wishlist it on Steam. You can bet I'm going to take a look whenever Linux support is available, more traditional RTS games like this are absolutely my thing.