After launching on itch.io while still in development, the impressive dark fantasy open-world RPG, Urtuk: The Desolation, is launching into Early Access on Steam next year.
In the announcement on their itch page, they've set a date for February 14th. This is after it's already been in development for 4 years, with it being live on itch in First Access and now pushing forwards onto Steam to take development even further.
It certainly has a good style to it, with a rather dark story to go with it. The main character, Urtuk, suffers from some disease and their time is running out so you're searching the world for a cure.
- Survival RPG with focus on combat and world exploration in a dark fantasy world
- Tactical turn-based combat with large maps, and environmental tactical options and carefully throughout class/skill system
- Procedurally generated survival campaign
- Upgrade your characters with extracts from fallen enemies
- Hand-drawn graphical assets, from the world-map to battlefield, along with all characters and map objects
You can pick it up on itch now or follow on Steam for February 14 2020. They're estimating that it will remain in Early Access on Steam for a year.
See more from me