Thylacine Studios have launched the Kickstarter for Siralim Ultimate, a monster-catching RPG mixed with dungeon crawling and it's been quite a hit. Like with their previous games Siralim 1 / 2 / 3 it will be supporting Linux and they've been very clear on that.
After launching on Kickstarter yesterday with a $10,000 goal it was hit in just about an hour. Showing that 2D pixel-art games continue to be loved by a lot of people. They're now going through stretch-goals, to add new features when extra funding levels are hit, with the first already done.
Features to expect from it:
- 1000+ creatures to collect
- Fuse your creatures together - the offspring inherits its parents’ stats, traits, and even the way they look!
- Randomly generated dungeons spanning 21 tilesets
- Customize your castle with thousands of different decorations
- Engage in strategic 6v6 battles
- Craft Artifacts and Spell Gems for your creatures
- Choose a specialization for your character and earn perks that change the way your creatures fight in battle. Will you support your creatures with an army of minions as a Necromancer? Perhaps you'd rather keep them safe and healthy with defensive magic as a Cleric. Or maybe you'd prefer to obliterate your foes with enhanced spells as an Evoker. There are 15 different specializations for you to choose from!
- Insane amount of post-story content that will keep you engaged for thousands of hours - there's not even a level cap!
- An ever-changing world that is sure to keep the game feeling fresh even for the most devoted of players
Their current release roadmap puts a full release on Steam in "Early 2021" with Early Access in September / October this year.
Since it has already been funded, we've added it to our dedicated Crowdfunding Page.