How about a sword you can take on a date? Well, not the sword itself but the person it can turn into? Boyfriend Dungeon is a most peculiar idea for a dungeon crawler.
Funded on Kickstarter back in 2018, with the campaign very clearly showing Linux as a platform and coming from the same team that created Moon Hunters, Boyfriend Dungeon sounds like quite an oddly wholesome experience that I'm looking forward to playing through. There's no current release date mentioned but during all the non-E3 stuff going on right now, a new gameplay overview was released that you can watch below:
I think it's great to see an entirely new spin on a popular game genre. Dungeon crawlers are very often dark, with serious tones that have you slay all sorts of horrors in cramped locations. Boyfriend Dungeon on the other hand is much more inviting, colourful and mixing in a dating sim too so you can level up that love and get more powerful. Turns out we missed this on our dedicated Crowdfunding Page for Linux games too, so we've made sure to add it in today alongside over 300 other projects.
- Date up to nine weapons, from dancing swords to heart-piercing daggers
- Generated action-combat dunj and challenges! Stay sharp!
- Various combat styles. For example, hit hard and dodge quickly with the dagger, or take on crowds with Lasersaber
- Inclusive, tasteful approach to gender and sexuality - male, female, and non-binary romance
- Let's get to the point: take your weapon-babes on romantic outings, such as to the club or the beach
You can follow Boyfriend Dungeon on Steam.
May it spark joy for others.
I'll pass - my swords might get jealous ;-)
See more from me