The Hand of Glory just released after a successful crowdfunding campaign and as promised by the developer, a Linux build is now in testing.
Something sinister is lurking behind the dazzling glaze of Miami, a force that goes far beyond the usual human concept of science and religion. There is a silent, latent war going on, a war able to shatter the foundations of civilization, harnessing ancient knowledge and mystical arts lost for centuries. Get ready to face a long and dangerous journey. It might be the last.
We covered the initial campaign back in July 2019, as they updated it after it began to confirm a Linux version based on requests. 288 backers and €9,928 in funding later, the campaign succeeded and yesterday June 9 it released on Steam. On their Steam forum, they mentioned a Beta now available for Linux (and macOS) for any owner to try and give feedback on which is great.
- A brand-new point and click adventure, inspired by the golden age classics such as Broken Sword and Gabriel Knight
- Find out who kidnapped Kathrin Mulzberg and unveil a mystery that has its roots in alchemy and esoterism
- More than 15 hours of gameplay, thousands of dialogue lines and dozens of puzzles to solve
- Impersonate Lars and Alice and explore Miami and Italy in wonderful hand-drawn 2D Full-HD locations
- Original atmospheric soundtrack and full English voice-over
You can find The Hand of Glory on Steam.