Completely changing the way you think about and design your prison systems, the Prison Architect - Island Bound expansion is out now along with a free update for everyone. This is the first true major expansion for Prison Architect, and likely a sign of what's to come since Double Eleven took over as developer since Paradox Interactive now own the IP.
With Island Bound, you will be able to build big compounds without needing road access and that alone changes things quite a lot. You need to take into account the differences in dealing with ships and helicopters and it introduces plenty more buildings, security options, construction opportunities, and prison customization that expands the gameplay and makes it even more replayable.
DLC Feature Highlight:
- Sea and Air: Upgrade your prison’s logistics with a variety of ferry and helicopter transport options that deliver supplies and inmates directly to docking areas around your compound. But be aware, there are now more access points to sneak contraband into the prison.
- Chain Link Up: Maximize your prison’s efficiency by linking docks, helipads, and roads to specific deliveries. You can even toggle what services are available to each delivery point within your compound. Players can put these features to use in new or existing prisons.
- Supermax Security: New security objects make it easier to search deliveries and prisoners as they enter the prison, or at key security checkpoints. Additional emergency services can be called when things get out of hand.
- Island Life: Customize your Island or Connected Island Plot with over fifteen nautical tiles and objects. Shape the land around your compound with moats, rivers, and lakes for security, or for style -- no access roads needed!
- The Rock: Manage the world’s most famous prison with two premade maps: Alcatraz Prison and Alcatraz Island.
Like a lot of Paradox owned IP, the DLC release came with a free content update named The Rock, which adds in a dynamic reputation system for prisoners. With Dynamic Reputations, prisoners have a chance to gain or lose a reputation trait based on their behaviours. The update will also include additional objects and tiles players can use to customize their prisons.