Experience serenity with the peaceful bird flying sim Fugl, now with added support for Vulkan and more updates.
Currently in Early Access while they build up the world and the core experience, it's already quite a wonderfully relaxing game if a bit thin on encounters and things to actually do. It's like a bit of a walking sim, except, well—you're flying. It's a bit wonderful though and one I keep a keen eye on to see what they do with it in the end.
Recently, it had an update in late June that overhauled a bunch of the rendering to bring in Vulkan API support across Linux and Windows. This came with a few problems initially that they've been cleaning up, although the last patch makes it run great overall here. The major update also added in pretty high-detail biomes, new addition biomes, some tweaks to avatars and 'many' bug fixes.
Just look at how pretty it is (click to enlarge):
- Freely control different flying creatures and enjoy the freedom of flying
- Hundreds of animal friends to discover
- Make your own avatar or mix from what you discover
- Free roaming gameplay on your own terms – no pressure or set goals
- Absolutely no hoops to fly through, but lots of caves
- Diverse areas to explore
- Morph into nearby animals and change your appearance and physics
- Find mythical creatures
- Customize in-game physics