art of rally, an upcoming stylized rally experience from the creator of Absolute Drift still has a demo available and it was recently updated.
Unlike other sims like Dirt Rally, art of rally is aimed to be more fun and accessible. This includes the different viewpoint, with it giving you an overhead camera so you can completely focus on the stages by seeing upcoming road features without needing pace-notes. While work goes on to produce the full game, they still want to show off how it's going and gather feedback and wishlists with the demo.
The latest updates continue impressing with it bringing in improved handling, grip and 'more features in line with current development' including a new dynamic crowd system. This new crowd system places a bunch of NPCs across the roads who quickly move out of your way. It's a small change but makes art of rally feel a bit more alive.
What it will feature at release:
- Progress through the golden years of rally in Career Mode
- 50+ iconic rally cars from the 60s, 70s, 80s, Group B, Group S, Group A
- Completely overhauled handling from the car physics system of Absolute Drift
- 60 rally stages in Finland, Sardinia, Norway, Japan and Germany
- Repair performance damage between stages
- Daily and weekly challenges with leaderboards
- Original soundtrack by Tatreal