Tower defense mixed blended with an economic management puzzle that has a satirical take on capitalism? Can't say I remember any other game that blends such elements together. Rip Them Off from Lozange Lab is releasing in September and it's now their PR team has reached out to us directly here at GOL to confirm Linux PC support.
"The Board needs its profit, and it’s up to you to line the streets with shops the masses can’t resist. Choose your locations, pick your stores and earn enough to advance up the corporate ladder with its increasingly difficult challenges."
You can see the initial reveal trailer below:
This is the second game from the husband-and-wife duo behind Lozange Lab, with their previous title being the charming Swim Out which it seems our contributor BTRE quite enjoyed.
- An innovative new type of game: Combining puzzle mechanics with tower defense games, Rip Them Off is a new breed of challenge, easy to pick up but hard to master.
- Gorgeous design: Evoke your inner Mad Man with 1950s inspired music and graphics.
- Addictive gameplay: Each new city provides an increasingly devilish challenge. Can you make it all the way to the biggest metropoles?
- Go fast or slow: Control the flow of time to make sure your strategies unfold with perfection.
- Choose your location, choose your stores, give the people what they want. And of course, don’t forget to…Rip them off!
Interested? Well, here's a further gameplay trailer:
You can follow it on Steam, for release on September 24.