Coming at some point later this year is art of rally, a top-down rally experience from Funselektor Labs and they have a brand new trailer up.
Unlike other racing sims, it's not meant to be ultra-realistic. While it does have a pretty great handling model, which was overhauled from their previous game Absolute Drift, the focus here is more on fun. That goes hand in hand with the view point, being top-down means you get a good look at what's ahead so all types of players from beginners to experts at driving games can get in and get going.
What it will feature at release:
- Progress through the golden years of rally in Career Mode
- 50+ iconic rally cars from the 60s, 70s, 80s, Group B, Group S, Group A
- Completely overhauled handling from the car physics system of Absolute Drift
- 60 rally stages in Finland, Sardinia, Norway, Japan and Germany
- Repair performance damage between stages
- Daily and weekly challenges with leaderboards
- Original soundtrack by Tatreal
You can try the demo on itch.io or Steam with a full release that will also be on GOG, that was recently confirmed as they pulled in a new team member to focus on GOG. There's no exact date for when to expect it yet. Once they announce a release date, we will let you know.