Free to play and now much bigger, Albion Online has a brand new expansion out with Rise of Avalon and there's lots of new goodies to play through.
One of the biggest additions to Albion Online since it began, this brings the Roads of Avalon, a big network of magical pathways that bring new ways to travel, transport and engage in combat allowing you to explore the Wilderness of Avalon. Another huge addition are Corrupted Dungeons, giving Solo players something fun that mixes PvE and PvP invasions together in randomized dungeons. There's also fifteen powerful new Avalonian weapons to find. Check out the fresh update trailer:
Some other highlights include:
- Reworked Destiny Board PvE progression
- New estimated Silver value display
- Optional numeric spell countdowns
- Improved crafting and cooking
- Numerous Combat Balancing changes
- Premiere Rogue Adventurer costume set
- Randomized Dungeon entrance appearance and despawn behavior standardized across dungeon and zone types
- Toggle spell behavior improved during fast-paced combat
- And loads more
If you're after an MMO to chill with friends on Linux, it's a good choice. While it's heavily PvP orientated, over time they have (like with this update) added more PvE to it.