Creative Assembly today announced Total War: THREE KINGDOMS - The Furious Wild, a full expansion coming to the hit strategy game and there's a lot of content.
This is not some minor DLC adding some new faces, it's coming with the first extension of the THREE KINGDOMS map that will see you visit the jungles around Southern China. This is where you will experience a bit of Nanman culture, which Creative Assembly mentioned as being a highly requested addition. More to explore and conquer sounds fun but even more so is what else is coming:
- Four new playable factions, each with their own unique mechanics, and 19 new factions overall populating southern China
- Over 25 new units including exciting and formidable animal units
- Ferocious new character artwork
- A new Nanman-specific tech tree with keystone technologies that require missions to be completed
- A completely new character progression style that uses feats to unlock traits
- Unique missions and narrative events designed specifically for the Nanman culture
- One goal: to unite the tribes – but how will you achieve it? Through diplomacy or conquest?
- Playable in both 190 CE and 194 CE start dates
Check out the trailer:
In their official FAQ, as expected it's noted the DLC will arrive on Linux (and macOS) "shortly after" the Windows version which goes live on September 3. This is due to these versions being an external port by Feral Interactive. The wait can be anything from a day or two up to a few weeks in some cases.
Additionally, more free content will release at the same time for everyone in the form of a Shi Xie DLC.