NeuroSlicers is an upcoming in-development real-time strategy game that aims to 'modernize' the genre with a 'post-cyberpunk' setting and it's looking slick.
"Instead of seeing how fast you can click, NeuroSlicers tasks you with how fast you can think. Using intelligent AI-powered units, you are free to make more significant, more strategic decisions that focus on territory control, resource management, upgrading and careful placement of customizable buildings, units and powerful function abilities called Scripts."
It's been quite a long time since we last covered it, while also keeping an eye on their progress. They've now announced that their Steam page has finally gone live as they continue their very early testing period. While this 'pre-alpha' is currently limited to supporting Windows, they confirmed to GOL on Twitter that a Linux release continues to be planned.
- An ongoing narrative that will continue to evolve post-launch
- Real-time strategic gameplay that focuses on macro over micro
- eSports ready Competitive PVP with all abilities unlocked, for truly balanced gameplay
- Narrative campaign that combines Solo, Co-Op and PVPVE gameplay
- A refreshing take on the RTS genre that offers a unique experience while maintaining the fundamentals of fast-paced, highly strategic gameplay.
- Free-form gameplay allowing for true customization of the units, buildings and powers you take into battle
- Competitive ranking in PVP and an ‘Escalation’ system in all other game modes that progresses difficulty alongside your play.
- Fully voiced, diverse cast of NPCs to build relationships with, each with their set of systems, goals and opportunities to offer.
Want a proper look at it? See their recent livestream below:
Now that the Steam page is live, you can go ahead and wishlist / follow it along to release. We will of course let you know of any major developments too.