Klei continue going through all the characters in Don't Starve Together to bring them up to date with all the new content and game mechanics with a fresh upgrade out now.
As expected of Klei, it also came with one of their brilliant animated shorts that I love so much:
Highlights of the character refresh:
- When in combat Wigfrid now gains Inspiration, which, as it fills her meter, allows players to use the new craftable songs.
- Fighting stronger foes will provide more Inspiration.
- Disengaging combat will cause the inspiration to diminish.
- Wigfrid has a new Stagecraft crafting tab from which she can make her new songs.
- Singing adds a buff to all players in an area around Wigfrid, which remains active as long as she keeps her inspiration level up.
- As Wigfrid's inspiration raises, she can preform up to three abilities at a time.
- Some abilities have an instant effect, at the cost of reducing Wigfrid's inspiration
Klei also put up a fresh set of skin packs to further support the game:
- Wigfrid Deluxe Wardrobe ($10.99): This Deluxe Wardrobe contains Wigfrid's complete set of Guest of Honor, Roseate, Survivor, Triumphant, and Winged Victory skin items.
- Wigfrid Winged Victory Chest ($2.99): This Chest contains Wigfrid's complete set of Winged Victory skin items.
- Winged Victory Chest ($3.99): This Winged Victory Chest contains the following skin items: Winged Spear, Winged Helm, and Marble Victory Armor.
- For a limited time Wigfrid's past skins are 50% off. After that her Guest of Honor, Roseate Chest, Triumphant, Survivor Chests will be available for $2.99.
- Starter Pack 2020 ($7.99): This Chest contains the playable character, Wortox: The Soul Starved, Wilson's Victorian skin set, Willow's Guest of Honor skin set, Wigfrid's Verdant skin set, Webber's Contenders skin set, the Weathered Spear, the Mini Beefalo Carryall, and the Sleepytime Ensemble.
A few assorted bugs were also fixed during this update. As for what's next, they mentioned the Hallowed Nights event is coming up next month. Don't expect a lot of changes though, although there's a few new bits, as they were focused on an upcoming major content update.
The next big update is called "Forgotten Knowledge" and it's going to be released in October. No details on what's in it yet but they did drop a teaser:
What do you think that is?
Whatever Forgotten Knowledge turns out to be, I've no doubt it will be fun. Klei have repeatedly expanded Don't Starve Together into such a massive exploration survival game, it's absolutely brilliant. The Troubled Waters update back in July was pretty great! It might actually be one of my favourite survival games, it easily has the best style.
You can buy Don't Starve Together on Steam.