Puppy Games and Subsoap have put out the latest in the series of card games that mix up the gameplay of some known classics, into something a little more unique.
It comes with the usual obvious fantasy flair too, including all sorts of weird and wonderful creature card designs. That's one thing I've always loved about this series, it really has some great design work. It's very much a solitaire game at its core but it comes with what they say are "many new and surprising card game mechanics to challenge you". However, there are options to tweak the challenge to your liking.
You can see some rough real gameplay footage below:
- Eerie atmospheric hand-painted locations to explore
- Hand crafted card layouts each made to give challenge
- Pets to collect and evolve
- Dark fantasy world and story with many characters
- Save the faeries before it's too late
- Many new and interesting mechanics yet to be seen
- Fun and rewarding!
For the Early Access release, they said that it won't last long at only around 2 or so months. They have most of the content and features near completion, to roll out during Early Access. Also good to see that they're continuing their Linux support now.
You can find Faerie Solitaire Dire in Early Access on Steam. They've said the price will increase at the full release.