Love your digital adaptions of board games, or those that got turned into some form of real-life board game? Well, Valve are going to run a festival dedicated to all that.
Starting on October 21 and running until October 26 there will be all sorts going on. Talks, sales and more. Here's some of the panels they've mentioned:
- Plague Inc: Evolved - Where James Vaughan, game designer of the digital and physical version plays the digital game's boardgame scenario while discussing the design of both versions.
- Othercide - The tactical-RPG blending strong art style, unique lore and challenging tactical gameplay, presented by its Art Director and Lead Game Designer.
- Gloomhaven - llivestream, featuring the developers, will discuss the upcoming content for the next major update of Gloomhaven’s Early Access on Steam.
- Virtual panel on games about Mars - Where game creators will be joined by actual space agency staff and scientists to ask what games get right and wrong about Mars.
- Virtual panel on Cthulhu games - Where some of the most notable Cthulhu-themed designers from digital and physical ask about the cultural impact of such titles and more.
This event is being done in collaboration with Auroch Digital and Valve confirmed that games involved in the event and sale will include those that "run across the lines between digital and physical games; this can be a digital port of a physical game, a game which has produced a physical version from the digital one, a game that simulates the physical play experience, or a digital game whose aesthetics are inspired by tabletop games" - so it sounds like that's a pretty broad definition of what will be in.
Anyway, you can follow it on the dedicated page here.