A thoroughly curious blend of genres this one with The Zone: Stalker Stories offering up exploration, deckbuilding, card battles and RPG elements. On top of that, you're also getting treated to a visual novel styled story that's being carefully crafted by industry veterans from Illuminated Games who worked on the likes of Mount&Blade, The Next World and more.
Inspired by the likes of Slay the Spire, S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Darkest Dungeon it's not going to be a roguelike, instead their plan is to offer a richly detailed story experience with hand-crafted environments with plenty to explore and secrets to find.
- Lovely hand-drawn art with a unique visual style
- An engaging story with multiple threads to pursue
- Strange, treacherous environments to explore and loot
- Deep inventory management - Assemble your deck and abilities by carefully choosing your equipment
- Use data and items from the Zone to research new powers, gain buffs, and unlock unique items
- Hundreds of different items and abilities to mix and create your perfect playstyle
You can try out the demo on Steam and then if you like it back it on Kickstarter. They're trying to get at least €7,500 by November 27. If successful their current plan is to launch in Early Access sometime in March 2021.