Worker cooperative studio La Poule Noire have announced To Hell With The Ugly, an upcoming adventure that blends point and click mechanics with a combat system and it's now funding on Kickstarter.
"To Hell With the Ugly is an adventure/narrative game set in a film noir atmosphere. Help Rocky find out why he was kidnapped and tortured in a hospital where strange things happen. Explore Los Angeles in the 1950s through bar fights, mysterious investigations, and a lot of twists."
Just like with their previous title, Edgar - Bokbok in Boulzac (which I thought was great), it will support Linux. It's an adaption of the novel To Hell With The Ugly by the famous French author Boris Vian. It's now live on Kickstarter, with a campaign goal of at least €50,000 which they have until November 5 to reach. You can see their Kickstarter trailer below:
What they say it will feature:
A colorful storytelling game
- A witty and unconventional investigation story.
- An unique and humourous take on the eugenics ideology of the era.
- Stunning 50's Californian atmosphere.
- Turn based fights with timing-oriented skills.
- A fast paced story with lot of twist.
- Easy-to-learn, suitable for beginners.
- For short to medium sessions without frustrating hassles.
You can help fund it on Kickstarter here.