While itch.io has given developers the ability to choose how much they give to the store for some time, for Black Friday 2020 the store is giving all developers 100% of sales.
Announced earlier this month, they mentioned that from "Midnight Pacific Time on 11/27 to Midnight on 11/28" so 8AM UTC today (27th) until 8AM UTC tomorrow (28th) they're not taking a cut from any developer. Game devs don't need to change anything, as it's automatic. The whole sale lasts longer though until Monday, 30th November at 6PM UTC.
Since itch.io is such an open store, where anyone can setup a page, finding good games can be a little difficult and overwhelming due to the amount of tech demos, game jam entries and more available. To help with that, here's a list of some awesome Linux games you should think about buying:
- Invisigun Reloaded - battle with friends (or play the campaign) in small arenas, while you're all invisible - 90% off
- MidBoss - a fantastic and unique body-snatching roguelike - 75% off
- Haque - a glitch fantasy roguelike - 70% off
- The Darkside Detective - multi award-winning comedic adventure - 50% off
- Mini Metro - an addictive subway layout strategy puzzler - 50% off
- Rise to Ruins - a mixture of village building, god powers and tower defence - 50% off
- Airships: Conquer the Skies - build airships and participate in huge battles - 40% off
- The Away Team - an interactive sci-fi adventure novel - 38% off
- Anodyne 2: Return to Dust - a genre-spanning adventure mixing full retro 3D with 2D - 25% off
- A Monster's Expedition - an open-world puzzle game - 15% off
You can find all Linux games on sale on itch.io here.