Need help managing your GOG games on Linux since GOG Galaxy is not supported? Minigalaxy is an option that focuses entirely on GOG and it has a new release out. While there's also Lutris which had a big upgrade recently too, it's quite a lot more complicated compared with Minigalaxy.
The idea behind it is simple: to just get you up and running on Linux with your GOG games. It doesn't really need to be any more complicated and for that - it works really well.
The 1.0 release brings with it some absolutely essential features including the ability to see games needing an update and to be able to update them in the app, DLC can be installed and updated now too, the installed filter will now show games that are downloading and the rest is general improvements and bug fixes. The app itself has also now been translated into Simplified Chinese and Spanish along with other translations being updated.
Overall the application supports quite a few useful features like:
- Update your games
- Install and update DLC
- Select in which language you'd prefer to download your games
- Change where games are installed
- Search your GOG Linux library
- Show all games or just the ones you've installed
- View the error message if a game fails to launch
- Enable displaying the FPS in games
- Use the system's Scummvm or Dosbox installation
- Install Windows games using Wine
Want to try it out? Find it on GitHub.