What is possibly one of the most impressive animated ASCII games ever made, Stone Story RPG now has a demo so you can get a glimpse of how seriously cool it is.
Inspired by incrementals, idles, and clickers it's something of a unique adventuring experience. Deceptively simple looking, it's incredibly charming and unlike anything else. You have no direct character control, instead the AI does the exploring, the combat, the looting and more. However, it's not an idle game. You can use potions and special abilities, which will need some good timing especially for the boss fights.
- Stunning ASCII animation and gorgeous music
- Robust player A.I. that combines with other game systems to offer a unique experience for gamers of all types
- 8 unique Locations, each with their own meticulously detailed environments and intense boss fights
- Simple, but deep crafting system
- Dozens of items that can be combined to facilitate new strategies
- A rich fantasy world with eccentric enemies, amusing NPC encounters and engaging lore
- 8+ hours of main story gameplay, in addition to procedurally generated content
- Plenty of secrets!
There's something else though that you can get into once you've enjoyed it a little, as there's an entire scripting system built into it so you can have fun automating things. It's called Stonescript, and it's used for modifying the character's AI. You can automate potions for health, optimize the combat and much more.
Try the demo on Steam now.