1C Entertainment announced today that they've teamed up with Acid Man Games and Fire Plant Games as publisher for Viscerafest, their colourful retro themed sci-fi fantasy FPS.
Shown off originally during the Realms Deep event earlier this year, in Viscerafest "you take the role of Caroline, a bloodthirsty, psychopathic mercenary who wants nothing more than to marry her wonderful boyfriend Athens Fetter. Problem is money's tight, and rings aren't exactly cheap. But thankfully there may be hope for her yet, as a warlock named Cromune has acquired a rather hefty bounty on his head."
Check it out in the new trailer:
- Navigate nonlinear hand-crafted levels, stuffed to the brim with secrets, using key cards, completing puzzles and various objectives to progress. Set across a wide variety of locations, from a space station above the earth, to a realm beyond our reality.
- Wield 9 unique and powerful weapons, from staples of the genre like the bunker buster double-barreled shotgun, to the more unique and offbeat, such as the Pung Cannon.
- Slaughter over 2 dozen different enemy types, from the minor grunts who make up the U.S.C's forces, to monsters beyond your ability to comprehend such as The Soul Hunters. New enemy types are introduced every level, each compounding the challenges you'll face with a variety of attacks and behaviors
- Juggle your resources, as you fight to stay alive, constantly balancing your use of ammo, health, and armor.
- Move at the speed of light, chaining bunny hopping and dashing together to move at speeds no man would dream of, and with your overbearing air control, dance around projectiles like no other.
- Collect tons of goodies to unlock items such as Cypher keys, and level modifiers to spice up your playthroughs.
Speaking to 1C Entertainment today, they confirmed over email to us that they are "planning to have Linux support for Viscerafest, but it hasn’t been decided yet whether it will happen during the early access period or once the game is fully launched" and they will be updating us on that when they fully decide.
For now you can follow / wishlist Viscerafest on Steam.
See more from me