Do you love tile-matching? How about games similar to Tetris Attack, Puzzle League and other competitive tile-matchers? You will enjoy Super Plexis then which is out in Early Access.
Built with the free and open source Godot Engine, it was originally funded on a Kickstarter campaign although that was originally targetting mobile back in 2017 although a PC version was only a matter of "when". That when turned out to be February 20, 2021 with it now in Early Access with Linux support.
"Super Plexis is everything you love about classic console puzzle games but refreshed with a fully featured online system. Enjoy fast-paced competitive battles with friends or online in a variety of game modes (including 1v1, 2v2, and FFA) with full cross-platform support and rollback netcode. Create custom lobbies and invite friends to play or spectate matches. Mix things up with custom game settings, giving you control of everything from board sizes to gravity strength."
- Visuals and music inspired by SNES-era puzzle games.
- Online multiplayer with up to 4 players.
- Medley ID integration: add / invite friends, host custom lobbies, spectate matches
- Gameplay modes: Training, 1v1, 2v2, & FFA
- As party leader, use global settings to change block colors, board speed, board size, and gravity.
Now that it's in Early Access, they plan to remain there until 2022 while they build up the features. They have a lot planned for it including ranked matchmaking, skin customizations, and game modes with casual progression.
Check out Super Plexis on Steam.