Rogue State Revolution from LRDGames, Inc. (Deep Sixed, Precipice) and publisher Modern Wolf is an upcoming challenging roguelike geopolitical thriller strategy game. In the game you take control of the presidency and rebuild, reform and prepare for new challenges as the Glorious People's Republic of Basenji becomes a new political, economic and cultural hotspot.
The developer just announced it's going to release on March 18 with full Linux support. They also put out a fancy new trailer which showcases some of the animation going into the cutscenes along with some gameplay slices:
There's also now a demo available to try before release, which allows you to experience three years of in-game time and teach you the basics. You also get to deal with a giant meteor crisis which sounds thoroughly interesting. The demo definitely gives off a pretty great feel, it's shaping up to be one of 2021's most unique strategy games.
- Procedural map generation will make each run unique — so don't get too comfortable.
- Appoint Ministers to help govern the various elements of your proud nation. Make them too popular and you may find yourself replaced in the next election.
- Heed your advisors who have devoted themselves to helping your presidential reign be successful.
- Build roads, grow infrastructure and develop industries.
- Manage 5 different provinces, each with their own cultural background, voter types and expectations.
- Choose to use diplomacy to forge alliances with neighboring countries and develop sustainable relationships with international powers like the US, China, or Russia — or go it alone.
- Deal with totally normal occurrences like bipedal mechs getting loose.
- Make tough decisions — balance favour with ministers, voters and allies to maintain your power.
- Enjoy the future of interactive entertainment - FMV cutscenes!
Cool fact: it's another title built with the free and open source Godot Engine.
Try the demo and wishlist / follow Rogue State Revolution on Steam.