Hibernian Workshop are currently developing Astral Ascent, a 2D platformer rogue-lite set in a modern fantasy world and it looks simply marvellous.
It's currently having a Kickstarter campaign which has been very successful at over 84K against their original 30K goal. Seems that success comes with a high point for Linux gamers, as the developers have announced this:
As the game is having a great success on Kickstarter you have been many asking us about porting to Linux. We like taking your feedback into consideration so we talked with our porting partner MP2 Games and we are happy to announce that the game will come to Linux too!
MP2 Games are quite successful too, they've ported a number of games to other platforms including Cyber Shadow, Baba is You, Iconoclasts, Petal Crash, Not a Hero and plenty more. Check out the trailer for Astral Ascent:
- SPELL-BUILDING GAME: We are building dozens of spells for you to find, combine, and even improve with modificators in order to create deadly combos to discover during each new run.
- 12 ALMIGHTY BOSSES: The Zodiacs are 12 experienced guardians dispatched over 4 gorgeous worlds. They’ll bring to the battlefield distinct attacks, abilities, and patterns, as well as backstories to uncover... Get yourself warned!
- 4 UNFORGETTABLE HEROES: The game provides 4 remarkable characters with totally different gameplays to discover. Each of one of them come with a powerful story to tell!
- A BEAUTIFUL MODERN FANTASY WORLD: Dash across gigantic landscapes. Explore original and hand-crafted areas. Discover the world created by our artists, with a gorgeous art and frame-by-frame animation.
- DONT GO ALONE: Is the weight of destiny too heavy to carry by yourself? Don’t worry and bring a friend to play in our 2-player co-op mode. Fight and crush your enemies together in local co-op or online using the Steam’s Remote Play Together feature.
Since it has been successful, we've added it to our dedicated crowdfunding page.