OpenLoco continues advancing and bringing Chris Sawyer's Locomotion another step further to being as great as OpenTTD for Transport Tycoon Deluxe with a new OpenLoco 21.04 release out now.
While it might be small in number features with the 21.04 release, it does bring a major enhancements with the ability to unlock the FPS by detaching game logic and rendering. This should serve as a good base for improving the performance over time. Additionally there's now an FPS counter and a tile inspector included.
Plus OpenLoco 21.04 has these bug fixes:
- Fix: [#391] Access violation in windows after exiting games.
- Fix: [#804] Enter key not confirming save prompt.
- Fix: [#809] Audio calculation not using the z axis.
- Fix: [#825] Potential crash when opening town rename prompt.
- Fix: [#838] Escape key doesn't work in confirmation windows.
- Fix: [#845] Town growth incorrectly calculated causing more aggressive growth than should be possible.
- Fix: [#853] The game run slightly, but noticeably, slower than vanilla Locomotion.
- Fix: [#860] Incorrect capacity information for vehicles that do not carry cargo (e.g. is a train engine).
As a reminder: Originally released back in 2004, it's actually a spiritual successor to Transport Tycoon but it was not as loved due to various problems with the original release. Hopefully this will breathe new life into it.