Raylight Games / Yippee! Entertainment and Kalypso Media have today announced the release of Commandos 2 - HD Remaster for Linux after waiting over a year since the original release.
"Take control of an elite group of Allied commandos who must venture deep into enemy territory and utilize their combined expertise to complete a series of progressively demanding missions. In this World War II genre-defining classic, explore interactive environments and use unique skill sets to complete missions against seemingly impossible odds."
In their press email, Kalypso were keen to point out their "long-standing history of supporting Mac and Linux versions of its games, including heavy hitters Tropico 6, Dungeons 3, Sudden Strike 4 and the recently released Spacebase Startopia." which was nice to see mentioned.
- Experience the Commandos series in HD for the first time!
- Every tutorial and campaign mission revamped with reworked controls and modernised UI
- Access authentic WWII vehicles, scenarios and weaponry such as tanks and bazookas
- 10 missions spanning 9 day/night environments, all with realistic weather effects
- Steal, climb and swim to accomplish missions within fully interactive environments
- Play as an eclectic cast of characters, including Green Beret, Sniper and Whiskey the dog
- Experiment with skills and approaches in challenging, against-the-odds style gameplay