With gameplay that looks equal measures confusing and intriguing, LightBreak is a musical game where you get the story by following this music and creating it as you go along.
During the game you help the protagonist Ava to play the correct notes on her musical instrument so that she can describe her tales and reconnect with Mother after many years of separation. You do this through three different phases of musical interaction: tuning the instruments against the music, matching up the musical notes to what Ava hears in her head and then it should all come together which then unlocks some of the story each time. It sounds delightful.
- A Novel Approach to Audio-driven Game Design
- Interactive audio design by an award-winning composer
- Storytelling game with themes of repair, family, communication, and good vs evil
- Visual representations of Ava’s adventures
- Stunning hand-drawn art
- 3D modeling and animation
It's currently crowdfunding on Kickstarter, with full Linux support planned. Deev Interactive are hoping to raise a minimum of $10,000 USD by June 3, 2021.
You can also follow it on Steam.