Ready for another fun week testing out more games? Valve have you covered with the latest update to Proton.
If you're not clear on what Proton and Steam Play are, be sure to check out our constantly updated dedicated page. It's a special compatibility layer for running Windows games and apps from Steam on Linux.
Proton 6.3-3 just rolled out, here's the highlights:
- Previously in Experimental: Update vkd3d-proton to v2.3.1.
- Previously in Experimental: The Origin Overlay is functional, which allows It Takes Two to be played with friends.
- Previously in Experimental: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is playable.
- Previously in Experimental: Fix Red Dead Redemption 2 "Not Purchased" error.
- Previously in Experimental: Fix Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition hang on startup.
- Fixed launchers for Evil Genius 2, Zombie Army 4, Strange Brigade, Sniper Elite 4, Beam.NG, and Eve Online.
- The Bus and Army General are now playable.
- Support adjusting brightness/gamma in older games like Deus Ex.
- Fix Xbox controller detection in Far Cry Primal.
Proton Experimental, the special standalone testing version also got a small bump so it includes "most" changes from Proton 6.3-3 but other than that it hasn't changed much since the last update. Updated: they later edited to say "all" changes from Proton 6.3-3 are in Proton Experimental.
See the changelog on GitHub.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month:
See more from me