Terraria, the 2D pixel-art sandbox survival adventure has now officially turned 10 years old and it's going as strong as ever. Seriously impressive from developer Re-Logic!
I remember seeing it on PC for the first time almost 10 years ago while a friend was playing it, thinking it looked interesting and never thought it would go on to be as popular as it is. Frankly, I sort-of dismissed it entirely back then and went back to Minecraft. I was seriously wrong about it because it's an incredible game that deserves to be played.
Anyway, a fresh update went out to mark the occasion. Re-Logic mentions that "this update may not contain any new content (we were serious when we said 1.4.2 was it ;) ) - it does contain a very special celebratory world seed that is unlike any other that we have made previously". The wink face being an obvious nod to this really not being the end of Terraria.
Here's what's new in Terraria 126.96.36.199:
- Added Celebratory Seed
- Corrected the damage on Frost Armor's set bonus debuff from 20 to 25 DPS.
- Fixed Vulkan and Metal rendering issues that lead to crash, on FNA builds.
- Fixed a certain exploit.
- Fixed missing tooltip in Queen Slime's treasure bag.
- Fixed every vine type except Normal/Flower vines from passing on paint as they grow longer.
- Fixed King Slime's spiked minions being able to pick up money and despawn with it, similar to Queen Slime's minions previously.
The celebration world seeds are:
Spoiler, click me
Across both GOG and Steam it's currently 50% off for about 8 hours, so the sale ends around 4PM UTC. Be quick if you wish to get it with such a nice discount although it's not the highest it's been discounted but still a fantastic game to get so cheap right now.