Vomitoreum shall bring a nice little birthday present for me on July 30 when this retro-styled FPS Metroidvania releases on Steam and itch.io. From the same developer who created Shrine / Shrine II and Lycanthorn / Lycanthorn II - Rain of Beasts comes another GZDoom powered experience.
"Vomitoreum has a world inspired by the painting of Zdzisław Beksiński; intense combat; challenging but fair gameplay; and a world waiting to be explored! Rise from the grave factory and see what Vomitoreum has lying in wait for you!"
- Grotesque pixel art to bring these wretched demons and hellscapes to life.
- Atmospheric world inspired by Zdzislaw Beksinski's Paintings.
- Challenging but fair gameplay.
- Movement and mobility that consistently re-contextualizes previously explored areas.
- Minimalist combat encounters, focused on "moment-to-moment" encounter design.
- A vast and interconnected world.
- Secrets and environmental story telling around every corner.
- World-building and lore, hidden within the cracks and crevices of the world.
- Challenging bosses to test the player's limits.