Alawar Premium & Wooden Monkeys Studio have launched their hacking detective novel adventure Song of Farca with native Linux support included. Blending together elements of a visual novel with a mystery investigation, Song of Farca looks visually great.
You'll be faced with hacking into crime scenes, looking for evidence, analysing data, interrogating criminals, tracking suspects and dealing with the consequences of your decisions. The developer says to expect a a dark and brutal detective story with a Black Mirror-esque atmosphere of digital dominance and the narrative structure of a US crime procedural.
- Launch drones and gain access to personal messages and deeply hidden secrets
- Recover corrupted video files and photos
- Draw conclusions by questioning suspects and analyzing biometric data
- Combine leads to create a database of hard evidence
- Analyze evidence using AI
- Rely solely on the facts – sometimes, clients can lie, and suspects can end up victims
- Make life-changing decisions and live with the consequences
"Song of Farca is our vision of a near-future where humanity hasn't achieved space travel or eternal life yet but is rushing headlong into a world dominated by technology and gadgets. A world where personal data can be obtained in two clicks and criminal groups can be destroyed using a device. Where digital bullying can easily push someone into crossing the line. Where all the powers of Big Brother are just another handy tool for experienced hackers." - David Aramyan, Founder of Wooden Monkeys Studio