A big new expansion and a big free update for everyone, RimWorld has expanded once again and so it might be time to dive back in to build just one more colony.
Calling Ideology a DLC probably isn't doing it justice. It's a pretty deep expansion, opening up tons of new ways on how you build your colony and manage your people. With a full customizable belief system based on "memes" which are the core ideas the belief is based upon including the likes of giving animals the same rights as humans, nudism that speak for itself, cannibalism, transhumanism and many more than can be combined together. These memes can have different rules, people can be converted to different beliefs and more. Sounds awesome.
The free 1.3 update for everyone has a lot too some of which includes:
- A new pens-and-fences system for animals
- Animals are more productive with more focused roles.
- Search bars across the interface.
- The faction goodwill system was reworked.
- Enemies can now breach your walls with special tools.
- New drag-formations to arrange fighters
- Colonists can carry medicine now to use directly on a battlefield