C-Dogs SDL (a sequel to Cyberdogs), the classic overhead run-and-gun game from the late 90s lives on with a 1.0 release out now that adds in support for Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny.
"C-Dogs SDL is a classic overhead run-and-gun game, supporting up to 4 players in co-op and deathmatch modes. Customize your player, choose from many weapons, and blast, slide and slash your way through over 100 user-created campaigns."
With the 1.0 release out now here's what else it adds:
- Add support for vehicles #30
- Add support for multi-guns
- Add support for custom wreck objects and bullets (allows respawning actors on death)
- Add support for custom actor death animation
- Add option to skip debrief menu
- Fix game freeze when returning to game after leaving it paused for a while
- Fix duplicate missions in level select
- Improve performance by adding max particle limit
- Improve level select menu with max items limit
- Improve game start menu by disabling continue option after campaign complete
To get Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny working on Linux you need to own the games, and place their data into the missions folder for C-Dogs SDL, as the automatic detection doesn't work yet on Linux.
Find it free and open source on GitHub.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month:
Wonder if they're using Simple DirectMedia Layer... ;-)
Quoting: EikeWonder if they're using Simple DirectMedia Layer... ;-)
Yes, see the project history: https://github.com/cxong/cdogs-sdl#-what-is-c-dogs-sdl
It started out as a SDL port of a freeware game, made after the original author open-sourced it.
1 Likes, Who?
good lord Cyberdogs! Completely forgot about it, I used to play this as a kid. What a nostalgia trip.
See more from me