CodeWeavers announced recently they need a bit of help on finding more developers, with a spot still currently open for a 'General Wine Developer' who will work on Wine and Proton.
Valve partnered up with CodeWeavers to integrate the Wine compatibility layer into the Steam Client for Linux, which is what's known as Proton (which is Wine + extra patches, DXVK and more). If you're unsure what Proton is check out our dedicated page.
- Strong C language skills. Compilers, linkers, macros and function pointers don't scare you.
- Familiarity with developing on and administering a Linux system (bash, unix utilities, package management, etc)
- Ability to understand and debug build systems (Makefiles, autotools, etc)
- Understanding of good development practices (source control, atomic commits, code readability, test-driven development)
- Self-motivated to find work and learn new skills
- Excellent debugging skills. You will be debugging applications whose source you do not have.
- No exposure to Microsoft code or reverse-engineering of Microsoft software
- Win32 programming experience
- Systems-level programming experience
- Previous contributions to open source software
Check out the CodeWeavers jobs page if interested in applying. They're accepting applicants who work either Remote or capable of joining them in their Minnesota Office. This would be a full-time position.