Dwerve mixes together elements of a dungeon crawling RPG with tower defense and you can now try it out with the new release of the Dwerve: Prologue. Funded on Kickstarter back in 2020, Dwerve is a very promising upcoming indie game you should be keeping an eye on.
The Prologue is very similar to the older demo except it's gone through some more QA with "bug fixes, better balancing, design improvements, new HUD art, full controller support (including menus), difficulty options, graphics settings, new dialogues and other improvements". Check out the new trailer:
"Dwerve tells the story of a young dwarven tinkerer that adventures into dwarven ruins to unearth the lost technologies of the ancient warsmiths: turrets and traps, the only weapons that can protect the dwarves from Witch Queen Vandra the Wicked and her army of bloodthirsty trolls and monstrous creatures. This prologue includes the events that take place before Dwerve descends into the dangerous dungeons of Mount Crowcrest. It features a handful of the turrets and enemies, and introduces many of the main characters."
- Tactical turret-based combat involves making strategic decisions about which turrets and traps to build and where.
- Upgrade your arsenal with over a dozen turrets and traps, each with it's own unique upgrade tree.
- Discover powerful artifacts: an arrow-blocking shield, dashing boots, a bouncing boomerang, a ground-shaking hammer, and more!
- Story-based campaign. Unravel the history of the dwarves and the trolls in a story that features diverse characters and an unpredictable plot!
- Explore ancient dungeons in multiple biomes, each with hidden secrets, mysterious puzzles, and interesting lore!
- Fully dynamic lighting. Adventure through dimly lit dungeons that come to life with dynamic lights and shadows!
Try it free on Steam.
See more from me