The second part of the next major Minecraft update with Caves & Cliffs: Part II is now available as a proper snapshot available to test out the latest features. Part II is what brings the massive changes to the Overworld generation. So you can expect to see much more interesting worlds, which of course means starting fresh.
Some of what's new includes:
- Added noise caves and aquifers
- Added Dripstone Caves underground biome
- Added Grove biome
- Added Lofty peaks biome
- Added Lush Caves underground biome
- Added Meadow biome
- Added Snowcapped peaks biome
- Added Snowy slopes biome
- Added Stony peaks biome
- New ore distribution and large ore veins
- Overworld build and generation limits have been expanded
It is the biggest change to the world generation in Minecraft since the 1.0 release. There's so much to explore!
Looks like the account migration from Mojang to Microsoft is continuing too, as I got my notice to migrate it over today. Seems to continue working just fine in the official launcher for Minecraft Java.