Developer 2Awesome Studio has released Aeon Drive, a cyberpunk themed platformer with a speedrunning theme.
Aeon Drive stars Jackelyne, a space ranger desperate to get home. Voiced by actress Kira Buckland, who is best known for the voice of 2B in Nier: Automata, Reimi Sugimoto in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable, Trucy Wright in the Ace Attorney series, and Hiyoko Saionji in the Danganronpa series (and a lot more). Armed with a power sword and teleportation dagger, Jackelyne must dash through the neon-infused metropolis of Neo Barcelona, using time and space-bending abilities to find all the drive cores to fix her ship - and save the city from doom.
- Run through time itself! Aeon Drive features a unique time-warping system that saves players the frustration of repetition and keeps the challenge fresh.
- Teleport through lasers, spikes or saws, crouch-dash at the last moment to evade that incoming shot and run through 100 levels across several areas of Neo Barcelona!
- Use Jackelyne’s Power Sword, Teleportation Dagger and time-bending abilities in this action platformer with a speedrunning twist
- Modern & retro looks come together in the game’s pixel-art style!
- Enjoy a dashing (get it?) vacation in a cyberpunk version of the tourist darling, Neo Barcelona!
- Advanced scoring system that enables long term replayability!
- Use Discord Integration and Global Leaderboards to compete against friends, as well as other players from all around the world!
- Streaming mode - show everyone who the real speedster of Neo Barcelona is!
- Real-time difficulty adjustment – collect time-warping devices and use them strategically!